"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime"-MARK TWAIN

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Got It!

 

IMG_7266 (Medium)

A couple of months or so ago, Janna, of the Tin TeePee made a post on her blog of receiving a book from another blogger.  It had been passed on to her from Sue at BigDawg and Freeway.

Last week Janna mentioned that she had finished reading it ,and was about to pass it on to someone else.  She said she would make a selection from those who expressed an interest in the book on her blog that day.  As it looked to be a book which I would enjoy reading, I was sure to leave a comment.  It was my lucky day.  She drew my name from the hat, and it arrived today.  Nothing slack about the USPS this week.  Mailed from Montana on Tuesday, and placed in a mailbox on a rural road in Mississippi on Thursday, isn’t too bad.  Kind of remarkable, if you think about it.

Anyway, I have a new book to read.  Hope I don’t shed too many tears while reading it. Just scanned the first few pages and it brings back vivid memories of the best dog that ever owned us.  Will be sure to pass it along to someone else when finished.

Otherwise, not much going on around here.  Lots of strong thunderstorms around the area this afternoon, but not much rain.  Strong winds knocked our power out for about an hour, and some folks are still without.  Thankfully, the temps dropped with the storms, so it isn’t too bad if you have to spend the evening without air conditioning.

Think I’ll get back to reading my book……….jc

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I could handle a book right now that required Kleenexes! Hope it enriches your life, as really good books do!

    Glad that losing power for an hour was the only weather damage you got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Emily said above, get out the kleenex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I could read it. I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you'll need the kleenex until the ending.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome.