"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime"-MARK TWAIN

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Where’s Spring?

 

Sitting here kicked back in my recliner, listening to some endless drivel from the television, and reading blogs.  It’s the fifth of March, which means we should have spent the last few days preparing our small garden.  Yesterday was a real tease.  The high was 82 degrees, and the fruit trees were beginning to put on a show.  Today, however, the temperature has hovered near freezing all day.  Icicles are hanging from the eaves. 

I’m envious of those that are still in Arizona or Florida.  Hiking, biking, atv’ing, soaking in hot springs; etc.  Why did we come home so soon?

It’s on days like today that I catch up my Google Earth map.  Since we started traveling in the Casita, I’ve pinned our camping locations.  The map is getting crowded.  I can no longer see all of the pins in one photo.  As I zoom out to get a larger picture, many of the locations blend into one.

030515

Whenever I open Google Earth, and see all those pins, I realize how lucky we are.  To have been able to visit so many different parts of our Country is a true blessing.  Each of those pins represent a learning experience.  Whether it was someone we met, or something we experienced such as a meal, museum, or landscape; it created a memory.  And, all it takes is to zoom in on one of those pins to rekindle that memory.  I find that priceless.

030515.1

On another note, thanks for the comments on the new header picture.  One problem is that I don’t recognize my own blog, and as some said, the original was iconic.  I will be changing it back. That picture just says “Eggrollings”….jc

10 comments:

  1. The world has been put back on its axis…love the original picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those google earth maps are neat, and a great way to remember your experiences. Nice to see the eggs back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story that your map tells. You've seen a lot of our great country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is iconic. I've never seen a better Casita representative picture anywhere else.

    And I am very impressed with your Google map. Actually, a little envious! :)

    Spring will come soon. Just hang on a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Your Google map, also wish I'd done this. And the header. If it's any consolation, Joshua Tree was in the high 30s overnight, for four nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see Tin Tee Pee on that map--would love to have you guys visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Title....and a very thought provoking post on your and Wanda's travels...The map does do a magnificent job of high lightening Memories...safe journey to Montgomery...Horst sends
    ps...glad to see the "Header Photo" back in its rightful spot..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone seems to like the old eggrollin pic......but I loved the new one. But since we were there, it says more to us....lovely rembrance of a great day!
    Just past Lafayette tonight...getting closer....maybe Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Google map...on my to do list this week to catch up on our map. Might as well...rain forecasted every day this week in the Delta of Tupelo. Hope your rally sees some breaks in the weather. Park in Demopolis was nice if you look for a stopever. Moving a little faster so we have some time with MIL before hosting gig starts April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Google map...on my to do list this week to catch up on our map. Might as well...rain forecasted every day this week in the Delta of Tupelo. Hope your rally sees some breaks in the weather. Park in Demopolis was nice if you look for a stopever. Moving a little faster so we have some time with MIL before hosting gig starts April 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome.