"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime"-MARK TWAIN

Thursday, January 9, 2014

On The Road Again,

 

IMG_2546 (Medium)

just like ol’ Willie said.  Heading down that highway, looking for friends again, or something along those lines. 

Finally got all the odds and ends finished on our little house.  The renter moved in over the weekend and was well pleased.  Even his parents, who helped him move down from Indiana, were impressed with his new living quarters.

IMG_2543 (Medium)

We were able to hit the road this morning.  Left home around nine and arrived at Sandy Creek COE, West of jasper, TX around three.  Once I get to Texas, I feel that I’m really headed somewhere.

IMG_2547 (Medium)

Set up was quick and easy.  Didn’t have to unhook the truck.  Another nice site right on the lake.

IMG_2548 (Medium)

IMG_2549 (Medium)

Wanda even got in some pickin’ and grinnin’.

IMG_2551 (Medium)

It’s supposed to rain tonight, but we don’t care.  We plan to leave here tomorrow morning in search of some good BBQ somewhere around Lockhart.

9 comments:

  1. Good to see you on the road again! I sure liked that little house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that park on my radar...its a beauty! Great to see you two on the road. Lucky new tennants...how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The Casita is positively glowing! I'm sure it's happy to be out and about just like we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're on the road. Look forward to seeing you at Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tthe little rental is really neat looking and the lucky renter in having you as a landlord. Such a shiny trailer, it is blinding me even from your blog. Have a great time where every you are headed, I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jerry! I'm so glad you and Wanda were finally able to get on the road! Such a beautiful campground, too!

    I am just dotty about that little house. I hope you don't mind... I saved the picture just so I can admire it at will. I love small houses, and that one looks like a little dream house to me! And the way you caught the light in the trees behind it makes it look kind of like it's in a dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're on the road again. Have some great adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you heading towards Quartzsite?? That area is our next stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. During lunch at a rest stop on I-20 a man tapped on our door wanting to know if we.were.going to Lajitas? Say hi to our new friend....Ted from Midland and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome.