"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime"-MARK TWAIN

Friday, March 9, 2012

We’re Still Around

 

DSCN0765.resize

As the rain is again falling from the sky in torrents, I look out the window at the Casita siting near the back door.  I moved it nearer the house yesterday to make loading of things easier.  We are taking a lot more “stuff” with us than usual, as we are headed to The Green Eggs and Ham FGRV get-to-gather near Camden, AL.  All the rain puts a damper on the spirit, if you know what I mean.  We always want perfect weather every time we go out.  No rain, clear skies, temps in the 70’s for highs and 60’s for the lows.  That got me to thinking about the trips we’ve taken and campsites we’ve stayed in over the past four years.

070511

I try and put a place mark on my Google Earth at each location we have stayed for at least one night.  At last count, they numbered somewhere around 130.  I’m sure I’ve skipped a couple here and there.  I’m coming to realize that in most all the places we’ve visited, we have had a good time.  It didn’t really matter if it was raining or snowing, cloudy or fair.  It was the place, the people we were with; or a combination of the two, that made it enjoyable.

502 (Large) 

DSCN0013 (Medium)

DSCN0143 (Medium)

DSCN0215 (Small)

IMAG0034

All it takes is a little perspective.  It really doesn’t matter if it’s raining or sunny.  The Egg is about to roll again to a new location.  Wherever we’ve parked it, mountains, desert, or  ocean;  there were always new folks to meet and sites to see.  Why should it have changed?  It will be a fun week or two on the road……jc  

7 comments:

  1. I have far fewer campsites than you do (have owned my Casita for 6 months) but I'm keeping track of the locations just like you are. I'm going to put up a similar map at some point. Thanks!
    --Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good attitude, and I agree with you. :)

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I recognize the second camping spot in your pictures. Also the 3rd Casita from the end in your masthead looks familiar. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've seen a lot of places, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So right, the journey is always good, regardless of the weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great perspective Jerry! Have fun at the get together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I came across your page recently and I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome.