"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime"-MARK TWAIN

Thursday, July 14, 2011

WOW!! Made it onto HitchItch.

Can't believe our blog has been added to the HitchItch website.  I am honored beyond words.  Not really, but to think I'm there with the Bayfield Bunch,  Diana's Life on the Open RoadMike&Pat, Brian's Going RV Boondocking, and so many more is an honor.  There are so many fantastic writers on the site, and I spend a number of hours each week reading their posts.


I had started to name todays post "I've been thinking".  
These are the three words that always strike fear in my wife's heart. As soon as I say those words she rolls her eyes, leans her head back and says “what now”?


She knows that I am about to start planning another journey(s).
 

It's not that she is against these trips. It's that she can never plan for just one.
I'll start out with one and while working on the plans for it, discover something that might be more interesting if we go another direction. There are just so many fascinating places, and things to see, in our wonderful country.  It is so hard to pass them by.



About the time she has her schedule arranged of when and where, that's when I tend to drop the bombshell.

  Thankfully, after a few questions about why this and why that, she gets on board and away we go. That's when she might again, hear; Ive been thinkin'!!

3 comments:

  1. Sure glad I looked at HitchItch, today. I know I'll enjoy your blog.
    ~ hobopals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the "hitchitch" bunch!! Great community of folks!
    You all sound like Mike and I....so many places to explore and so little time!! Have fun and enjoy the journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the compliment! Can't wait to see where the next trip takes you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome.